1.05.2009

paper craft

curling petal edges with toothpick

wrapping leaves around wooden stem

proudly displaying my first paper rose

gramps is in the hospital and not doing well. the v.a. generally frowns on live flowers due to allergies so i decided to make crepe paper flowers. i cut out heart shaped pieces and finessed them into petals with my fingers. a toothpick helped to curl the edges as rose petals tend to be a little curly on the ends. these delicate paper pieces were then wrapped around a wooden stem and secured with florist tape. the first one is a little late in the season for my taste, but not bad for a first try. this is kind of time consuming and tedious so i expect it will take me a while to finish the whole bunch. it's a good excuse to sit around and listen to lady gaga and sip on mint tea while getting my craft on for someone special.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

These are great Tina. LOVE them. I hope you Gramps feels better when he sees these.